Here we go with a new DIY tutorial. This time I'm going for a perfect summer accessory inspired by this ethnic necklace by Isabel Marant that you guys can see above these lines. The fact that attracted my attention was the way leather cords are used to buid a structure with pins. Despite being a designer piece, it's not so difficult to make a very similar one at home. Here's how
As the video is in Spanish, here are the directions to make your own Isabel Marant inspired DIY necklace, just in case you guys missed something in the video.
* Jewelry pins
* Crystal beads (2 colors): I like this kind of beads better because they are kind of irregular and that provides a nice handcrafted effect. I got them at Michael's.
* Long beads: The ones I used are form Create for less
*Leather cord (Different colors and thicknesses)
* A chain and a jewelry closure
* Round nose pliers
1. Introduce a small yellow bead and a long ornament into a pin. Use the round nose pliers to turn around the other side. You must leave some space on the pin. Repeat this with the half of your pins.
2. Repeat step one with the other half of your pins but use the small crystal beads instead of the long ones.
3. Introduce a leather cord into the hole we've just created on the pins. Alternate the pins with the crystal beads and the ones with the long beads.
4. Introduce a leather cord underneath alternate pins.
5. Introduce another leather cord and repeat step 4 backwards
6. Twist two thinner leather cords around the other side of the pins
7. Take the the spare cords to the back and tie them with a knot. Seal it with a little bit of contact glue.
And that's pretty much everything :) Hope you guys enjoyed the tutorial and I hope to see your recreations very soon.
Have a nice weekend!