Sunday, March 11, 2012

The best DIY of the Week III

I would never spend a night out in the open, like bieliebers do, just to wait on a shopping queue. No matter if there's a capsule collection made by a luxury designer for a low cost fashion group. Fashionistas who dare to do so deserve my whole entire admiration. However, this time I hardly resisted the temptation, as Marni's collection for H&M had a few pieces that totally amazed me...


But since I started this blog adventure, I must confess that nothing is the same. When I go shopping I don't think about getting cool clothes anymore, the only thing I bear in mind is: Can I do any project with this? DIY is so addictive, ladies... So the idea of fighting against a massive crowd just to buy non customizable clothes has no sense for me, as I would never dare to touch up designer clothes.
If I had to pick anything from this collection, I would go for jewelry. There were a few stunning necklaces that awoke in me that DIY anxiety... Nevertheless, I don't share the point of view of DIY as a way of copying exactly luxury garments. I prefer getting inspired by trends and seeking my own way, working on the idea and making it mine. That's much more gratifying.
Photobucket
A Matter of Style has solved the DIY conundrum about H&M-Marni necklaces, using plastic bottles and chewing gum jars ¡Absolutely amazing and super smart! The choice of materials and the technique she has used are great. I had been thinking during a few days about how could I do those necklaces. But when I saw her project, it left me speechless. Check out her tutorial, it's totally worth it seeing. Even though if you don't want to make the same necklace, it's so inspiring!!

Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...